Saturday, August 1, 2009

Thanks so much!

Yay! My first honorarium so to speak! Jen from Montessori Beginnings has tagged my blog as one that she enjoys. Thanks so much Jen, you inspire me too!
Conditions of this award are: Tell your readers 10 things about you that they may or may not know, but are true. Tag ten people with the award, and be sure to let them know they have been tagged (a quick comment on their blog will do). Don’t forget to link back to the blogger who tagged you.
Let's see, 10 things about me!?
  1. The sunflowers growing outside my window brighten every morning, so I love sunflowers.
  2. We're seriously considering having another child!
  3. I have an undying passion for raw cacao.
  4. I try to learn something new from nature everyday
  5. I'm learning about wildcrafting so that my family and I can enjoy super nutrient dense food at no cost.
  6. I want to move to the middle of nowhere and live fully self-sustained and off of the grid.
  7. I eat mostly raw foods (until my husband comes home and says "Let's make popcorn"
  8. I am so thankful for the Montessori method. It's given me a way to raise my child with less confusion and self-doubt. Being able to nurture a happy, respectful, resilient and wonder-filled child in this crazy world is such a great relief and blessing.
  9. I miss my Volkswagen van! Now I am going to acquire a Delica or a Toyota Hiace, and fully enjoy the economical advantages of a diesel engine in a fully camperized 4 wheel drive vehicle that can fit many children!
  10. I think my husband is brilliant!
Now comes the really fun and actually hard for me part, tagging 10 other blogs that I really respect and enjoy. I don't find that I have enough time to frequent and find many montessori inspired blogs so I'll list 5 of the ones that I don't see listed on other blogs too often but that I love (They are mostly crafty blogs but they have wonderful ideas:
  1. filth wizardry: So many great craft and activity ideas. Her kids have a super duper time!
  2. one inch world: Crafty, creative and fun
  3. over the crescent moon: Honest, real and real fun
  4. little eyes on nature: A beautiful blog about sharing nature with children. The blog author is also the principal of two montessori pre-schools which she calls enviro-nature pre-schools. Awesome!
  5. Sadly lost blog!: Oh NO! I was so happy to link whoever visits here to this blog. It is a spectacular kids art blog but I have lost the link and name. ;0( I must find it again and if I do I will definitely mention it then). It's too good to not spread the word!

1 comment:

Crescent Moon said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and the sunburn advise! I've been looking over your blog and you have some wonderful pictures and craft ideas!